10. So are you going to have him natural? You could do it you know! OR Where are you going to have him?
What I wanted to say: "I am having him in a hospital with lots of drugs. I am not a hippy."
What I actually said: "I am having him in a hospital with lots of drugs."
9. Are you having twins?
What I wanted to say: "No, jerk."
What I actually said: "No" To which they replied, "Are you sure?"
8. You are huge! I mean huge!
What I wanted to say: "Thanks for the uplifting compliment, jerk. That is just what every pregnant women wants to hear."
What I actually said: Nothing. I just smiled and walked away.
7. So is the nursery ready yet? - this was ok the first 30 times.
What I wanted to say: "We have decided against the whole nursery thing."
What I actually said: "Not yet, but we are getting there."
6. Hey fatty!
What I wanted to say: "Now that is not nice."
What I actually said: "Hi."
5. Do you need to sit? You should sit.
What I wanted to say: "Thanks, Dr. but I will sit when I want to....I am not handicap you know."
What I actually said: "Really, I am fine."
4. How come you waited 10 years to have kids?
What I wanted to say: "I really don't like kids and I have had thoughts of locking them in the basement and sliding pancakes under the door to them."
What I actually said: "Fertility problems."
3. Are you sure you are not having twins? (When asked this I had only gained 11 lbs.)
What I wanted to say: "I have only gained 11 lbs when most people have gained 20 by now, but thanks for the jerky comment."
What I actually said: "Only having one."
2. You know you really should take it easy. When are you coming to pick my apricots?
What I wanted to say: "I am sick of people forgetting I am 8 months pregnant and asking me to do chores for them."
What I actually said: "Um, I am 8 months pregnant and getting up on ladders and bending down is quite difficult."
1. Have you had your baby yet? I thought for sure he would be here by now!
What I wanted to say: "Thanks for reminding me that no, I have not had him yet and I am still pregnant. I want this kid out of me."
What I actually said: "Not yet, still pregnant."
Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. And yes all of this and more was said to me, usually more than once....sometimes 5 times a day! Luckily, I do not offend easily and it gave me a chuckle.
3 comments:
that's funny... I got a lot of that too!
Thinking about you and can't wait to see Jackson!
my sister always said "hey fatty" every time she saw me (sis. heidi), then when she was pregnant and i reminded her of that....she felt very badly about it. people are so clueless and thoughtless sometimes, but you have to laugh. good attitude. for some reason they think you have no feelings when you are pregnant and aren't trying to offend, but seriously! i keep checking this blog to see pictures! becca and i are coming to visit when he appears (after all your visitors and everything leave of course). good luck.
people are AMAZING.. seriously! I am so excited for you and that little one! Lucky little apple!!! Sending loads and loads of happy birthing chi your way!!
Post a Comment